Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Boondocking in Montana

It has been awhile since I have written but we were in an area where there was no cell phone or internet service. We spent a couple of weeks working at a campground near Fort Smith, MT but we had to leave early because of the lack of services. I recently started back to college and all my work is done online so I HAVE to have internet service. I have a Verizon prepaid mifi hotspot but while we were working at the campground we had to drive 45ish miles ONE WAY in order to get service. We left and we are currently making our way towards Yellowstone and boondocking along the way. We are currently staying in Columbus, MT at the Itch-Kep-Pe park. It is a city park right on the Yellowstone River and I was quite surprised at how nice it is. I had been dreading boondocking because I was basically terrified of the unknown. We have been here for two days and I am thinking we will definitely be coming back in the future! Now that we aren't virgin boondockers, we are looking forward to future free campsites!!
The first pictures were from when we went through Billings,MT at a Schell's which is a sporting goods store like Bass Pro Shop or Gander Mountain. We had a fun time walking through and taking pictures. They have a huge aquarium that is very cool and they also have a ferris wheel that you can ride inside the building. More to come from our trip to Yellowstone National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment